Sunday, June 14, 2009

What I Ate: 6/13/2009

  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein supplement in a large decaf iced coffee (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1/2 hard-boiled egg (35 kcals, 3g protein), 1/2 slice American cheese (30 kcals, 2g protein), 1 Trader Joe's chicken sausage link (55 kcals, 7g protein)
  • 0.5 oz. Trader Joe's roasted and salted Marcona almonds with rosemary - these are insanely filling (about 95 kcals, about 3g protein)
  • 1 Primal Strips vegan seitan jerky in Texas BBQ flavor (81 kcals, 10g protein)
  • About 2.5 oz. beef tenderloin and cucumber salad at a birthday dinner in NYC - seriously, the most delicious beef I've ever had (about 175 kcals, about 19g protein)
  • 1 scoop Nectar fuzzy navel protein in fruit punch Crystal Light (95 kcals, 23g protein)

Total: 676 kcals, 92g protein, 54.4% kcals from protein.


I had a great gym trip yesterday afternoon: 65 minutes on the elliptical for a supposed burn of 590 calories. I also took a lot of stairs in the New York subways. I ate a bit more yesterday and justified it since I burned a lot of calories (though I'm aware the calorie counters on those elliptical machines are wrong most of the time...) 676 calories is the most I've had in a day since surgery.

I've been thinking about upping my calories anyway. My weight loss has kind of stalled, and there is a school of thought that at this stage we RNYers should be eating at least 800 calories a day. Some even say 1000. I've been scared to make this move, but I'd hate it if that's what's slowing my weight loss down.

No comments:

Post a Comment