Monday, June 1, 2009

What I Ate: 6/1/2009

The organizational mess of my attempt to move continues.

  • 2 Mini Babybel Light cheese rounds (100 kcals, 12g protein)
  • 1 Bariatric Advantage Chocolate Calcium Citrate Chew (15 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1.5 scoops Syntha-6 Cookies and Cream protein supplement - a sample from Vitalady. I could only stomach about 3/4 of the shake - couldn't finish it, so the stats are for 3/4 of 1.5 scoops (221 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 3 oz. Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh roast beef (about 103 kcals, about 17.2g protein)
  • 1 oz. Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh roast beef (about 35 kcals, about 5.7g protein)

Total: 474 kcals, 59.9g protein, 50.5% kcals from protein.


I did a mini protein-tasting today while I was moving and trying to get rid of stuff. I ordered a bunch of samples from Vitalady before surgery, but until today I'd tried only one of them. I also have a bunch of stuff left over from my BariatricEating.com protein starter kit, also ordered pre-op. In addition to the Syntha-6, listed above, I had a couple sips of Lean Dessert Banana Nut Bread protein shake. Unfortunately, I hated it. The fake banana taste was overwhelming. But generally, I think Lean Dessert might not be the right protein for me because of its consistency. It's very thick (ordinarily an asset) but it feels slimy in my mouth. I've tasted the Fresh Cinnamon Bun, Whipped Vanilla Cream, and Chocolate Coconut as well and they all have the same slippery texture.

Syntha-6 is sinfully delicious (real cookie bits in the Cookies and Cream) and extremely filling (I couldn't finish the whole shake because it felt like my stomach was about to burst), but I can't be having that many calories in one scoop - it really is sinful. It has a lot of carbs and fat as well. Maybe I'll buy a few baggies from Vitalady for an occasional treat, but I don't think I'll buy a canister. It ruined my percentage of calories from protein for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment