Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What I Ate: June 30, 2010

I'm a little annoyed because my scale was up a whopping THREE POUNDS this morning. 175.6. WTH? Yesterday, I was within 4 pounds of my first goal, but now . . . ugh. I was really hoping I'd be able to make 169 by the next support group meeting on July 13, but now, I don't know if I'll make it.

Maybe the indiscretions of this past weekend are catching up with me. Or maybe I should have eaten some cashews today. Who knows? I'll see what the scale says tomorrow morning and figure it out from there.

  • About 3 oz. Whole Foods fat-free cheese (120 kcals, 24g protein, 3g carbs, 0g fat)
  • Mega-delicious chocolate protein shake: 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle protein powder (50 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa (5 kcals, 0.5g net carbs), SF dulce de leche and Irish cream syrups, stevia. Total - (135 kcals, 26.5g protein, 6.5g net carbs, 0g fat). This was one of the best shakes I've ever had, and it was creamy and rich even without the pudding mix. I'm thinking it needs to be a regular part of my arsenal, and I may start trying to phase out the pudding mix altogether (?) It is just empty carbs.
  • Roasted veggies (cals based on raw measurements - final volume was small): 118 grams bell pepper (24 kcals, 1g protein, 3.5g net carbs, 0g fat), 145 grams zucchini (24 kcals, 1.8g protein, 3.4g net carbs, 0g fat), 80 grams red onion (32 kcals, 0.9g protein, 6.1g net carbs, 0g fat). Total - (80 kcals, 3.7g protein, 13g net carbs, 0g fat).
  • Probably around 2 servings of bourbon praline pecans that I got in Kentucky (about 240 kcals, 2g protein . . . I don't remember the rest of the label, but obviously carbs/sugar and fat are HIGH). I supposedly got these for my coworkers, but of course I opened them myself and ate several of them. They didn't even taste good - very strong and chemically - but I ate them anyway. I wound up tossing the leftovers. I believe that, in the back of my mind, I knew I was really buying them for myself and not for the office.
  • 1 vanilla creme Oh Yeah! in 3 decaf coffees and in a grande iced Americano from Sbux (220 kcals, 32g protein, 3g carbs, 9g fat). It's Treat Receipt season, y'all!
  • Chocolate-mint protein frosty: 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle protein powder (50 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa (10 kcals, 1g carbs), SF peppermint syrup. Total - (140 kcals, 26.5g protein, 7g carbs, 0g fat).
  • Mocha protein shake: 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Nectar cappuccino protein powder (45 kcals, 11.5g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. cocoa (10 kcals, 1g net carbs), SF syrups, 1 tbsp. FF/SF vanilla pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g carbs). Total - (160 kcals, 26.5g protein, 9g carbs, 0g fat).
Total:
1,095 calories
141.2g protein
51.6% kcals from protein (great, considering the pecans)
38.5g net carbs PLUS the bourbon praline pecans
9g fat PLUS the bourbon praline pecans
On exercise, I was lazy in the morning, but managed to get in 3 miles of Leslie Sansone's 4 Fast & Firm Really Big Miles DVD in the evening. Not great, but much better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment