For some reason, insanely overeating nuts and avocados seems to trigger my weight loss, not stall it. Last weekend, I probably ate about the same number of calories on Sunday or perhaps less, but I'm guessing that because what I ate was relatively low in fat and high in carbs (albeit, mostly fiber), it had a different effect on me than the nuts did.
Weekend of June 5-6: I go to Charleston, where I binge on avocados and Blue Diamond cinnamon-brown sugar almonds. Have a few bites of banana pudding; nothing outrageous. Monday's scale reading? 173.something (a new low.)
Weekend of June 19-20: I go to Anderson, where I binge on watermelon and Nik's chocolate peanut butter fudge protein pie with Fiber One crust. Monday's scale reading? 180, up 6 pounds from Friday morning (yes, I know it wasn't all fat.)
Weekend of June 26-27: I'm in Kentucky, where I binge primarily on natural almonds and raw cashews. Monday's scale reading? 172.4 (a new low.)
Interesting outcomes, but I'm not going to read too much into it. The fact is, I need to stop overeating period. But, if I do overeat, I will try to focus on healthy fats.
Anyway, on to food:
- Strawberries and white chocolate protein shake: 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Matrix strawberry cream protein powder (55 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0.8g fat), 1 tbsp. SF/FF Jello cheesecake pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g carbs), SF white chocolate syrup, lotsa ice. Total - (150 kcals, 26.5g protein, 9g carbs, 0.8g fat).
- 1 Pure Protein frosty chocolate shake in 4 decaf coffees (170 kcals, 35g protein, 3g net carbs, 1g fat).
- Another Pure Protein frosty chocolate shake in 4 decaf coffees (170 kcals, 35g protein, 3g net carbs, 1g fat).
- 1 100-calorie pack natural walnuts & almonds (100 kcals, 4g protein, 2g net carbs, 9g fat).
- 1 red velvet protein pancake (about 64 kcals, 10.6g protein, 1.8g net carbs, 0g fat) with 1 tbsp. FF ICBINB (5 kcals) and 2 tbsp. SF Mrs. Butterworth's pancake syrup (10 kcals, 2g net carbs). Total - (79 kcals, 10.6g protein, 3.8g net carbs, 0g fat).
- Very weird but very delicious salad: 2 oz. ground chicken breast (54 kcals, 12g protein, 2g carbs, 0.5g fat), 2 strips Applegate Farms no nitrate added uncured turkey bacon (70 kcals, 12g protein, 0g carbs, 3g fat), 85 grams eggplant (20 kcals, 0.8g protein, 1.9g net carbs, 0.2g fat), 41 grams chopped red onion (15 kcals, 0.4g protein, 2.9g net carbs, 0g fat), all cooked together with vinegar, Stevia in the Raw, garam masala, preserved lemon, and fennel seeds (5 kcals) and served over 1.5 cups of arugula (10 kcals, 0.8g protein, 0.6g net carbs, 0g fat). Total - (174 kcals, 30g protein, 7.4g net carbs, 3.7g fat)
- Chocolate protein frosty with banana: 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle protein powder (50 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. SF/FF chocolate Jello pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g carbs), 1 tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa (5 kcals, 0.5g net carbs), 22 grams frozen banana (20 kcals, 0.2g protein, 4.5g net carbs, 0.1g fat), SF dulce de leche, peanut butter, and toasted marshmallow syrups, lotsa ice. Total - (170 kcals, 26.7g protein, 14g net carbs, 0.1g fat).
Total:Exercise was 35 minutes on the treadmill at a much higher-than-normal incline in the morning, then I went to yoga for 75 minutes right after work. It was a great class - I worked my inner thighs so hard that they were shaking afterwards. The instructor was a substitute that I really, really like because she tends to work people hard. The pace of the class was quick, even though it was a basic class.
167.8g protein (a bit much)
66.3% kcals from protein
42.2g net carbs
16.7% kcals from net carbs
13.9% kcals from fat.