Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What I Ate: July 13, 2010

Today was a banner day in my gastric bypass "journey." At long last, I found something my pouch doesn't tolerate.

On the message boards, you see a lot of people carrying on about foods they can no longer "tolerate." I didn't know what that meant. Now I do. My beloved, delicious City Roots salad mix hurt my pouch a lot AND put me into some kind of coma. Because I'm crazy, I ate the rest of the salad anyway even though I had to take a break to let some of the pain subside. I still have about one serving of the sprouts left; I'm thinking maybe if I cook them they will be less painful to eat?

  • Cinnamon-"sugar" protein pancakes! 1/4 cup Friendship lowfat cottage cheese (45 kcals, 8g protein, 1.5g carbs, 0.8g fat), 2 tbsp. Egg Beaters (15 kcals, 3g protein, 0.5g carbs, 0g fat), 1 scoop Nectar vanilla bean torte protein powder (90 kcals, 23g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat), baking powder, 2 tbsp. water, cinnamon, Stevia in the Raw, 1 tbsp. FF ICBINB (5 kcals) and 2 tbsp. SF Mrs. Butterworth's syrup (10 kcals, 2g net carbs). Total - (165 kcals, 34g protein, 4g net carbs, 0.8g fat). I made this because I only had about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese left; I hadn't realized last night how low I was on cottage cheese, so I couldn't make my traditional early morning meal of a protein frosty. But WOW, what a happy accident. I got a little too full from this because it's very dense, but it tasted like French toast! No, the texture isn't like real French toast, pancakes, or waffles (it's not light; very firm and sort of rough), but it's an absolutely perfect substitute for an RNY post-op.
  • About 150 grams peaches and blueberries at birthday gathering for my coworker (about 73 kcals, 1.1g protein, 15g net carbs, 0g fat).
  • Salad: 2 oz. Jennie-O extra lean turkey ham (60 kcals, 8g protein, 2g carbs, 3g fat), 1 oz. Whole Foods fat-free monterey jack (40 kcals, 8g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat), about 1.5 cups City Roots salad mix (retrieved from local farmers' market), which includes arugula, watercress, mustard sprouts, radish sprouts, and sunflower sprouts (about 7 kcals, 0.8g protein, 0.4g net carbs, 0g fat), 1 slice tomato (3 kcals) and a little soy sauce, Splenda, and curry powder (about 5 kcals, 0.5g net carbs). Total - (115 kcals, 16.8g protein, 3.9g net carbs, 3g fat).
  • 1/2 vanilla creme Oh Yeah! (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g carbs, 4.5g fat) in Sbux decaf espresso
  • 2.5 oz. raw cashews (390 kcals, 14g protein, 18g net carbs, 31g fat). I was absolutely stuffed after eating all this. I should avoid eating nuts at work, maybe? Too stressful of an environment. Or maybe it's okay on certain days (not Tuesday.)
  • Chocolate caramel protein frosty: 1/2 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle protein powder (50 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa (5 kcals, 0.5g net carbs), DaVinci SF chocolate and dulce de leche syrups. Total - (135 kcals, 26.5g protein, 6.5g carbs, 0g fat).
  • Vanilla shake of deliciousness: 1/2 scoop About Time birthday cake protein powder (52 kcals, 12.5g protein, 0g net carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), DaVinci SF French vanilla, cookie dough, and butter rum syrups. Total - (132 kcals, 27.5g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat).
Total:
1,120 calories
135.9g protein
48.5% kcals from protein
53.9g net carbs
19.3% kcals from net carbs
39.3g fat
31.6% kcals from fat.
Workout was morning elliptical work for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment