Thursday, July 1, 2010

What I Ate: July 1, 2010 (Happy July!)

Me and the scale continue to have some kind of standoff. I don't understand the thing at all. I actually may not be getting enough sleep, which I've heard can affect water retention (and thus, leads to water weight gain - haven't found any studies that verify this, however). I overslept this morning, so I missed my planned hour on the elliptical that I was really looking forward to. I was annoyed, but my body really needed the rest.

Unintentionally, I had a vegetarian day! I miss being a veggie. I was on the side of light and love for about 4 or 4.5 years, then I transitioned to being pescatarian for health reasons and because living in SC as a vegetarian was unmanageable unless I wanted to eat hush puppies for every meal. I was pescatarian for about 1.5 years. Then, when I decided to have RNY and thought I'd need the meat for protein, I went on a fried chicken bender - Chick-Fil-A, KFC, Popeye's, I had it all! But I'm toying with the idea of going back, at least to pescatarianism. I love protein supplements, so really there's no reason to eat meat. The only concern is that, as I get farther out, I might need denser foods like meat that take a long time to digest to keep the surgery working for me.

Anyway, food:

  • Chocolate-caramel protein shake: 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle protein powder (50 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa (10 kcals, 1g carbs), SF dulce de leche syrup. Total - (140 kcals, 26.5g protein, 7g carbs, 0g fat).
  • About 2 tbsp. half and half in a Starbucks decaf brewed coffee (40 kcals, 1g protein, 1.6g carbs, 4.6g fat)
  • OMG delicious roasted vegetable sandwich: 1 serving of my June 30th batch of roasted veggies (50 kcals, 2.8g protein, 7.5g net carbs, 0.3g fat) and 1 oz. Whole Foods fat-free cheddar (40 kcals, 8g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat) on 1/2 Light Italian Flatout (45 kcals, 3.3g protein, 4.5g net carbs, 1.8g fat). Total - (135 kcals, 14.1g protein, 13g net carbs, 2.1g fat). This was one of the most delicious dishes I've eaten since surgery, seriously - and completely (lacto) vegetarian. This is the kind of simple food that lets me know that I could happily go back to vegetarianism or at least pescatarianism. The only thing I'd miss is my turkey bacon!
  • 1 vanilla creme Oh Yeah! in 2 decaf coffees plus 1 Starbucks grande decaf iced Americano with SF vanilla syrup (220 kcals, 32g protein, 3g carbs, 9g fat)
  • 10 large raw cashews from The Fresh Market (about 120 kcals, 3g protein, 5g net carbs, 10g fat)
  • Crazy delish vegetarian egg white omelet: 1/2 cup All Whites (60 kcals, 12g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat), 55 grams summer squash (9 kcals, 1g protein, 1.3g net carbs, 0.1g fat), 3 finely chopped green olives (15 kcals, 1.5g fat), 1 oz. Whole Foods fat-free cheese (40 kcals, 8g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat), 1 slice Kraft fat-free Swiss (25 kcals, 4g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat), 3 basil leaves, a little garlic powder, paprika, dried oregano, dried rosemary, and preserved lemon (5 kcals, 1g net carbs). Total - (154 kcals, 25g protein, 7.3g net carbs, 1.6g fat).
  • Chocolate peanut butter cookie protein frosty: 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Inspire peanut butter cookie protein powder (66 kcals, 12.5g protein, 0.5g carbs, 0.5g fat), 1 tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa (10 kcals, 1g carbs), 1 tbsp. SF/FF chocolate Jello pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g net carbs), SF peanut butter and dulce de leche syrups. Total - (171 kcals, 27.5g protein, 9.5g net carbs, 0.5g fat).
Total:
980 calories
129.1g protein
52.7% kcals from protein
46.4g net carbs
18.9% kcals from net carbs
27.8g fat
25.5% kcals from fat.

I was feeling crappy about myself for oversleeping and not working out, then I randomly attempted urdhva dhanurasana (wheel pose) tonight before Bethenny's Getting Married. I didn't expect to make it at all - but I did it! I did it FOUR times, perfect form, straight arms and everything! That made the whole day better :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment