Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What I Ate: 7/1/2009

After all of the confusion and annoyance of yesterday, I've decided to do my own spin on a "Liquid Protein Train" (LPT), which is an idea from Bariatric Eating's message board, at http://www.beforeandafterhelp.com/. (For a really good explanation of the LPT, click here.) Traditionally, an LPT is three days and designed for people who have allowed carbs to creep into their diets, or those who are generally off-track. The LPT is about 5-8 protein shakes a day, with a minimum of 800 calories a day. It is also possible to do a modified LPT by having solid dinner at night.

I'm doing this my own way: However many days I want, 4-5 shakes a day. I'm not off-track, but I'm confused, so maybe an LPT will set me aright. Maybe it will jump-start my weight loss again too?
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate in a large iced decaf from Publick Cup (115 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 scoop Matrix perfect chococolate in a venti iced decaf americano with sugar-free vanilla syrup from Starbucks (130 kcals, 24g protein)
  • 2 scoops Inspire Pure unflavored whey protein isolate in 1 cup Progresso French Onion soup (150 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 scoop Matrix perfect chocolate in 8 oz. water - this was *much* better in water than in coffee (120 kcals, 23g protein)

Total: 515 kcals, 97g protein, 75.3% kcals from protein.

At the gym today, I went for 50 minutes on the elliptical for supposedly 512 calories burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment