Sunday, July 26, 2009

What I Ate: 7/26/2009

A travel day...

Which tends to mean a poor eating day for me, and sadly this time was not an exception. I forgot to go to the grocery store yesterday to get vegan jerky, but I did bring egg crepes and lots of protein powder out to California with me. But I packed that all in my big luggage, which meant I had nothing to eat most of today. I even had fast food again! (Shame, shame, shame.)

  • About 1/2 red delicious apple - it was 4 AM and the airport was so cold and loud that I couldn't sleep. No peel, of course. (about 55 kcals, 0g protein)
  • About 2 oz. teriyaki beef jerky - I was so mad about this. I paid $8 at the airport for a big bag because it's WLS-friendly, but I really am not a fan. And my food scale was in my checked luggage, so I guessed at how many ounces I was eating. (about 160 kcals, 28g protein)
  • Subway roast chicken breast patty with spicy mustard, lettuce, and tomato. This was hilarious because Subway is *all about* bread, but I didn't get any. The sandwich lady seemed very confused at first, but she did at least cut me a little deal on it. There was a Burger King next door, but I figured Subway is a safer bet (given my stupidity in getting into this situation) because they just heat the prepackaged food up in a microwave, while Burger King grills it and probably adds grease to it. I trust Subway's nutrition propaganda more than BK's. (about 120 kcals, 15g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein in my favorite Sbux drink (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • The rest of the bag of jerky - fabulous dinner, let me tell ya (120 kcals, 21g protein)

Total: 565 kcals, 89g protein, 63.0% kcals from protein.

Not a great food day because of all of the fake stuff and preservatives and processed-ness, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it at this particularly hectic time. I will just avoid making it a lifestyle. And given the subpar travel preparation I did, the ending stats could be a lot worse.

The Starbucks is a block away from my hotel, which is one block away from the Bar exam facility (yay!) So my plan during the bar is to have protein shakes for lunch, which will keep me full, hydrated, and energetic. I brought extra scoops of protein for this purpose.

Also, my hotel has a fitness facility and I went there today, which was great. 35 minutes on the treadmill and a little weightlifting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment