Monday, July 27, 2009

What I Ate: 7/27/2009

Just a few hours left until the Bar exam! OMG!

Today was a nice day. I did some leisurely last-minute studying and memorizing of things and went strolling around downtown Oakland. I also made up some new mnemonic devices. For example, "If people steal the cotton candy, stop crying!" That one's for a contracts Statute of Frauds question. Also, "I need strong men for every mama!" In addition to a mantra urging men not to abandon their kids and baby-mamas, that is a mnemonic for the products liability theories in tort - intent, negligence, strict liability, implied warranty of merchantability, implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, express warranty, and misrepresentation. Haha.
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in Sbux tall iced decaf americano (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 Burger King tendergrill filet - yeah, I know... But I tried this again today and it was awesome. This BK's tendergrill filets aren't greasy, so it was perfect! It seemed just like something I'd cook at home. In fact, because dense protein is so filling, I'm planning to have this every morning for breakfast and have the shakes for lunch! (150 kcals, 28g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in Sbux tall iced decaf americano (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 egg white crepe with 6 slices deli turkey and 1 tbsp. yellow mustard (80 kcals, 14g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in homemade iced decaf with Torani sugar-free chocolate syrup for an extra yummy chocolate boost and a dash of Torani sugar-free Irish Cream syrup - there's a discount grocery store across the street from my hotel and they had large bottles of these syrups for less than $5/each! (110 kcals, 25g protein)

Total: 560 kcals, 117g protein, 83.6% kcals from protein. Yumm-o!

If you couldn't tell, I'm protein-loading. Planning to continue this throughout the week for maximum stamina and energy.

I also went back to the gym this morning, just 33 minutes on the treadmill. The fitness center doesn't open until 6 and I should be there tomorrow am by 7:30, so I'm planning to get up at 4 AM and just do the "walking tape" (i.e., Leslie Sansone Walk Aerobics sans the actual video), get showered and dressed, look over my outlines really briefly, eat and take vitamins, and leave.

I went to the exam site today, and it made me very happy I'm not staying in the official bar hotel. Lots of nervous people walking around; it was hampering my good qi! I'm not sure what tomorrow holds in store, but I'm going into it as calmly and positively as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment