Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What I Ate: April 6, 2010

  • 1 scoop Nectar cappuccino protein powder (90 kcals, 23g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat) in 1 cup unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze (45 kcals, 2g protein, 2g net carbs, 3.5g fat) with SF cookie dough syrup. Total - (135 kcals, 25g protein, 2g carbs, 3.5g fat). I love this morning shake, but I'm getting a little bored with it. I may try something different tomorrow.
  • 3 sausage-onion Eggface bites (69 kcals, 10.2g protein, 1.2g net carbs, 2.1g fat) and 3 bacon-mushroom Eggface bites (60 kcals, 6.5g protein, 1.8g net carbs, 2.4g fat). Total - (129 kcals, 16.7g protein, 3g net carbs, 4.5g fat).
  • TEN Calcets - Mega binge! Emotional eating due to work stress. (400 kcals, 60 carbs, 15g fat). Isn't this insane?!
  • 1 Muscle Milk Light protein drink (100 kcals, 15g protein, 4g net carbs, 2.5g fat)
  • Random tuna tetrazzini: 1 packet Bumble Bee tuna (70 kcals, 16g protein, 0g carbs, 1g fat) with 1/2 packet fettucini-sized tofu shirataki noodles (20 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 0.5g fat) and 1 slice Kraft fat-free Swiss (25 kcals, 4g protein, 2g net carbs, 0g fat) with a few onion slivers and a little mache (15 kcals, 3g net carbs). Total - (130 kcals, 21g protein, 6g net carbs, 1.5g fat).
  • 1/2 cup Fage 0% (60 kcals, 10g protein, 4.5g net carbs, 0g fat) with 1/2 scoop Matrix cookies & cream protein (65 kcals, 11.5g protein, 2.5g carbs, 1g fat) with a couple packets Truvia and SF syrups. Total - (130 kcals, 21.5g protein, 7g net carbs, 1g fat).
  • 2 Celebrate orange multivitamins (10 kcals, 2g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate grape iron + c (10 kcals, 3g net carbs)
Total:
1,044 calories
99.2g protein
38.0% kcals from protein
87g net carbs
33.3% kcals from net carbs
28g fat
24.1% kcals from fat.

I had some challenges today. I made the very foolish decision to eat 1/3 box of Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bites after my Eggface bites. I was annoyed with something at work, but instead of feeling it, I decided to try burying it in tasty calcium. And now, I don't have have it anymore. I'm disappointed in myself for letting that happen, but I'm proud of myself for hopping back on the wagon. I didn't completely blow my calorie totals for the day, and even though the carbs are bad, it could have been much, much worse.

Anyway, on to exercise.

I had a really hard time dragging myself out of bed this morning to get to the gym. But I thought about something I heard once on Obesity Help. I don't remember the exact words, but the poster said something like: "Regular exercise is not about willpower or motivation; it's about momentum. You just have to keep the momentum going."

For some reason, thinking about exercise as a way to retain momentum instead of a reflection of my personal values, such as motivation or willpower, makes me want to do it more. Whether I exercise or not doesn't say anything about who I am as a person; it's just a question of momentum. I like that.

But I was still late rolling out of bed, so I just got in 35 minutes on the elliptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment