Monday, April 19, 2010

What I Ate: April 16, 2010

By 7 AM, I'd already eaten compulsively. Hazelnut-raisin toffee again. But the great thing about approaching RNY as a healthy way of life, not a "diet," is that I no longer think a mistake like this ruins the whole eating day. Each minute, I can choose whether I will make constructive or destructive decisions, and I don't have to make destructive choices all day just because I made one this morning.


  • At 7 AM, I had 2 slices of Cloud Bread, 2 slices of FF cheese, and 1/4 cup Egg Beaters (egg and cheese biscuit.) This would have been awesome, except I also had more of that hazelnut-raisin toffee. It's weird because I never found this particular type of candy very alluring pre-op. I wouldn't pick it out post-op either; it's just that I made it, so I kept wanting to taste it to see if it tasted right. Problem is, I kept on eating it.
  • 1 Muscle Milk Light chocolate RTD mixed with a little decaf coffee and ice (100 kcals, 15g protein, 4g net carbs, 2.5g fat).
  • 1/2 scoop About Time birthday cake protein (52 kcals, 12.5g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat) and 1/2 scoop Matrix strawberry cream protein (55 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0.8g fat) in 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze (20 kcals, 0.5g protein, 0.5g carbs, 1.5g fat) with SF vanilla syrup. Total - (127 kcals, 24.5g protein, 1.5g carbs, 2.3g fat). This tastes like a strawberry cookie or that strawberry-flavored cake with vanilla icing that I used to love so much (NOT strawberry shortcake - I hate fruit mixed with bread.)
  • Delish, amazing, huge salad. Not sure what to call it: 3 oz. chicken breast (93 kcals, 19.8g protein, 0g carbs, 1.2g fat), 1 strip Jennie-O extra lean turkey bacon (20 kcals, 3g protein, 0g carbs, 0.5g fat), thinly sliced red onion (5 kcals, 0.5g net carbs), a little diced tomato (7 kcals, 2g carbs), 1 slice Kraft fat-free Swiss (25 kcals, 4g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat), DaVinci SF sweet syrup, Liquid Smoke, and the juice of one Mayer lemon (1 carb?) over 2 caramelized Belgian endives (30 kcals, 6g net carbs), about 1.5 cups raw spinach (10 kcals, 1g protein, 0.5g carbs). Total - (190 kcals, 27.8g protein, 12g net carbs, 1.7g fat).
  • 1/2 cup plain Fage 0% (60 kcals, 10g protein, 4.5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Matrix cookies & cream protein (65 kcals. 11.5g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fat), 1 tbsp. SF/FF cheesecake Jello (15 kcals, 3g carbs). Total - (140 kcals, 21.5g protein, 9.5g carbs, 1g fat).
  • I'm posting this so late that I forgot which vitamins I took on Friday - sadness.
For exercise on Friday, I went for a 3-mile walk in the afternoon and then did a 75-minute Level 1.5 yoga class right after work. Level 1.5 was great. There were only 6 people in the class, which was less awkward than I thought it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment