Friday, April 16, 2010

What I Ate: April 15, 2010

Yesterday was the Ides of April! Tax Day! I finally got mine in, even though I completely filled them out back in February. I'm getting a big refund, which I hope to save in preparation for my move to DC in the fall. Thanks ARRA!

So, I kind of fell apart yesterday. When I cooked for mom on Wednesday, I nibbled but I didn't completely fall apart. Last night, I did. Early this morning, I did. It's really the homemade NSA hazelnut-raisin toffee that got me. As I post this morning from my office, I am trying to recover from a SF candy-induced coma. Sugar alcohols seem to mess with my blood sugar just as much as real sugar.

I actually tried to reduce my other calories to leave space for these nibbles. Aside from the nibbles, I had 690 calories, which theoretically left me 310 calories to play with. I ate a lot, but I doubt it was way over that. Even so, my weight leapt to 184.4 overnight, up about 5 pounds from my lowest weight. Counter to what many of the so-called experts say, I don't believe in "calories in-calories out." It's a good mantra, but I guarantee that if I'd eaten the same number of calories I ate in sugar-free toffee but had chicken breast or shrimp instead, my weight wouldn't have skyrocketed like that. Protein/carb/fat ratios matter.

Maybe I should start my Overeaters Anonymous phone meetings again.
  • 1 scoop About Time protein (103 kcals, 25g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat) in 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze (40 kcals, 1g protein, 1g carbs, 3g fat) with SF white chocolate syrup. Total - (143 kcals, 26g protein, 1g carbs, 3g fat). This was way too sweet, but good. It gave me a lot of energy and even motivated me to start the day with Pilates. I was planning on skipping AM workout today and just doing the evening walk.
  • 1 Spinachy Chicken Burger (recipe forthcoming?) (75 kcals, 12g protein, 3.5g net carbs, 0.4g fat) with 1 slice Kraft fat-free Swiss (25 kcals, 4g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat) and 2 slices tomato (5 kcals, 1g net carbs) on 1 salted Cloud Bread slice (28 kcals, 2g protein, 0.3g carbs, 1.5g fat). Total - (133 kcals, 18g protein, 6.8g net carbs, 1.9g fat). Yum. These get better every day!
  • 1 Believe Italian Cappuccino in 3 decaf coffees (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 100-calorie pack cocoa almonds (100 kcals, 3g protein, 2g net carbs, 9g fat)
  • FALLING APART - I nibbled on a LOT of homemade hazelnut-raisin toffee, which I made using Nature Sweet Brown (maltitol.) I ate caramelized endive (YUM.) I ate cream cheese Fluff made with FF cream cheese, more maltitol, and Free Cool Whip. This was over the course of about 4-5 hours.
  • 1/2 scoop About Time birthday cake protein (52 kcals, 12.5g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat) and 1/2 scoop Matrix strawberry cream protein (55 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0.8g fat) in 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze (20 kcals, 0.5g protein, 0.5g carbs, 1.5g fat). Total - (127 kcals, 24.5g protein, 1.5g carbs, 2.3g fat). This was really delish even after all that sweet stuff. I had the shake despite all of the candy calories because I figured I still needed to get my protein in. Not sure that was wise, esp. since I followed this up with the cream cheese fluff, but that's what I was thinking.
  • 1 Calcet calcium citrate chewy bite in CHOCOLATE FUDGE. OMG. These are so delicious and decadent tasting, it's scary. The good news is, they are so rich I really only wanted one. I felt like 2 would make me sick. Interesting, because 10 of the lemon ones didn't make me sick, and those have 5 more calories and one more gram of sugar each. (35 kcals, 5g carbs, 1.5g fat)
  • 3 Bariatric Advantage cinnamon calcium citrate lozenges (12 kcals, 3g carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate orange multivitamins (10 kcals, 2g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate grape iron + c (10 kcals, 3g net carbs)
I also skimped on exercise. I did the Intermediate Pilates DVD in the morning and worked on a few yoga poses, but I scrapped my plan to go walking in the evening because I had so much cooking to do for Saturday. The good news is, I shouldn't be up late tonight and will be able to get on the road early in the AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment