Monday, February 15, 2010

What I Ate: Valentine's Edition

Happy belated Valentine's Day! This used to be my favorite holiday, but I wound up doing absolutely NOTHING to commemorate it. :-( Oh well, maybe next year.

  • Green bean fries - just green beans with cooking spray, salt, paprika, garlic powder using a special oven technique. Yum! (80 kcals, 4g protein, 8g net carbs, 0g fat). I ate too many of these unfortunately. They aren't something you can reheat, but I should have just tossed them once I was getting full.
  • 3 squares failed Cloud Bread (95 kcals, 9g protein, 0g carbs, 4.7g fat) with 2 slices Kraft fat-free cheese (50 kcals, 8g protein, 4g carbs, 0g fat). Total - (145 kcals, 17g protein, 4g carbs, 4.7g fat). I couldn't get my hand blender to whip the whites properly after two tries, so I just mixed all the ingredients with my slightly bubbly yolks, added some baking powder, and baked it on a cookie sheet as if I were baking the Cloud Bread. I cut it into 16 little squares. It turned out like a dense, slightly eggy bread - still pretty good actually!
  • 1 scoop Nectar Vanilla Bean Torte protein powder (90 kcals, 23g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat) in unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze (20 kcals, 0.5g protein, 0.5g carbs, 1.5g fat). with cinnamon and Truvia. Total - (110 kcals, 23.5g protein, 0.5g carbs, 1.5g fat). This was thin, but good. Tasted like vanilla-sweetened whole milk. I didn't need the cinnamon to doctor it up. I've had this mixed with water before and it was really watery and gross. It needs to be in something milky. I think I'm going to buy a tub of this - I love how low-calorie it is even with the almond milk, and I like that I wouldn't need to add a bunch of stuff to it to make it tasty, unlike my current Elite Gourmet Vanilla. But Nectar is more expesnsive; there's definitely a trade-off.
  • Same brunchy goodness as yesterday: 1/2 Flatout Light Original, toasted (45 kcals, 4.5g protein, 3.3g net carbs, 1.8g fat), with 26 grams homemade no-sugar-added gooseberry compote (16 kcals, 0.2g protein, 2.3g net carbs, 0.3g fat) and 2 oz. homemade chicken salad (79 kcals, 13.4g protein, 3g net carbs, 2.9g fat). Total - (140 kcals, 18.1g protein, 8.6g net carbs, 5g fat).
  • 2 slices failed Cloud Bread (64 kcals, 6g protein, 0g carbs, 3.8g fat) with 3 tbsp. homemade chicken sausage pâté (about 63 kcals, 8g protein, 1.8g net carbs, 1.9g fat). I had some chicken sausages that I were at that point where I needed to either cook them or toss them, so I sauteed them, added a bunch of herbs and spices, ground them in my food processor, and added broth, vinegar, Truvia, Worcestershire, Liquid Smoke, and a little fat-free cream cheese. I then chilled it to mold in the fridge. It's pretty awesome, if I do say so myself :-) I'm thinking about making a vegetarian version when the moms and I have our next monthly dinner party.
  • Vanilla Cream Extreme Smoothie in two Starbucks decaf coffees. Yum! The vanilla Extreme Smoothie basically tastes like milk. It was great in coffee, and while it's totally drinkable by itself, it wouldn't be exciting to drink like Oh Yeah!. This is mostly functional. But I like that. (160 kcals, 35g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1.5 fiber wafers with 1 slice Kraft fat-free American cheese (43 kcals, 5.5g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1/2 scoop Matrix Cookies & Cream (65 kcals, 12.5g protein, 2.5g carbs, 1g fat) with 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (23 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 3.5g fat). Total - (88 kcals, 13.5g protein, 3.5g net carbs, 4.5g fat).
  • 1 serving butternut squash fries (76 kcals, 1.2g protein, 16g net carbs, 0g fat). Maybe you could say this was my "special" treat for V-Day.
  • 4 Bariatric Advantage cinnamon calcium citrate lozenges (16 kcals, 4g carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins (10 kcals, 2g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 2g net carbs)
Total:
1,000 kcals (wow)
131.8g protein
52.7% kcals from protein
58.4g net carbs
23.4% kcals from net carbs
21.4g fat
19.3% kcals from fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment