Sunday, February 28, 2010

What I Ate: 2/26/2010

Catching up on days that I haven't had time to post. Here's Friday, February 26.

  • 1 piece of "Cloud Bread" - it turned out right this time! I bought a real electric mixer and it made this recipe really easy. I love it. It isn't the same as actual bread, but it definitely fulfills that craving. I made mine with fat-free cream cheese and I sprinkled garlic powder, paprika, and turmeric on top before baking them. I used a 1/3 cup measure to scoop them onto the baking sheet, and this made exactly 9 pieces. (35 kcals, 3.3g protein, 0.8g carbs, 1.7g fat)
  • About Time birthday cake shake in 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (123 kcals, 25.5g protein, 0.5g net carbs, 1.5g fat). This wasn't quite as delicious as I'd remembered. It also didn't smell as good coming out of the canister I'd ordered as it did when I opened the sample. On the other hand, it still tasted pretty good, and I realized that the cinnamon swirl shake I enjoyed so much last night is basically the birthday cake flavor with a little cinnamon added to it. So, instead of purchasing the cinnamon swirl flavor separately, I'll just mix in a pinch of cinnamon to the birthday cake flavor to add variety.
  • 1 Oh Yeah! as coffee creamer over several hours (220 kcals, 32g protein, 3g net carbs, 9g fat)
  • 3 slices Hormel Natural Choice deli turkey (50 kcals, 10g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fat).
  • 1/2 cup Fiber One twigs, sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray and sprinkled with 1 tsp. cocoa and Truvia (65 kcals, 2g protein, 11g net carbs, 1g fat).
  • Dinner at McCrady's Restaurant in Charleston. One of my 2010 goals was to eat at this restaurant. While I'm happy to have met this goal, I unfortunately did not enjoy the food as much as expected. I nibbled on the house-cured charcuterie, the crispy pork terrine, the housemade burrata with beet salad, and the garden lettuces salad (which featured a beautiful "fried egg" that had been deep-fried in panko.) The best dish for me was the garden lettuces, and the runner-up was the charcuterie. Maybe I just chose poorly, but I wasn't at all blown away by this and wish I hadn't blown the calories on it.
  • Bunches of raw almonds and Fiber One twigs. I got home at 3 AM and I was delirious. So of course, I decided to eat - a lot. Not beating myself up. What's done is done.
No totals for 2/26; I don't know the calories on my last meal and bingefest.

Today's exercise was 50 minutes on the elliptical in the morning, and 30 minutes of weights (primarily upper body) in the evening before driving to Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment