- 3 slices Hormel Natural Choice deli turkey (50 kcals, 10g protein, 1g net carbs, 1g fat), 2 wedges Laughing Cow Light Swiss (70 kcals, 5g protein, 2g carb, 4g fat), and 2 sugar-free cornichons (0 kcals). Total - (120 kcals, 15g protein, 3g net carbs, 5g fat).
- 1 scoop Pure Whey Stack chocolate (130 kcals, 23g protein, 2.5g net carbs, 2g fat) in 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (23 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 1.8g fat). Total - (153 kcals, 24g protein, 3.5g net carbs, 3.8g fat).
- Cheese omelet with green pepper pesto: 1/2 cup Publix EggStirs (60 kcals, 12g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat), 2 slices Kraft fat-free sharp cheddar (50 kcals, 8g protein, 4g carbs, 0g fat), a smidge of leftover onion (5 kcals, 1g net carb) and about 2 tbsp. homemade green pepper pesto (5 kcals, 0.5g net carb). I make this pesto with a roasted green bell pepper, lotsa basil, garlic, vegetable broth, and natural (unsweetened) rice vinegar. It's killer delicious with virtually no calories. Total -(120 kcals, 20g protein, 7.5g net carbs, 0g fat).
- 1 Extreme Smoothie in "chocolate dream" flavor (170 kcals, 35g protein, 5g net carbs, 0.5g fat) Yes! This is great. It is very low in carbs and fat; virtually all protein. It's very, very convenient - comes in a soda can and it tastes great right out of the container. There's no need to add stuff to it or shake it like a mad person. I'm a fan.
- 1/2 Flatout Light Original, toasted (45 kcals, 4.5g protein, 3.3g net carbs, 1.8g fat), with 26 grams homemade no-sugar-added gooseberry compote (16 kcals, 0.2g protein, 2.3g net carbs, 0.3g fat) and 2 oz. homemade chicken salad (79 kcals, 13.4g protein, 3g net carbs, 2.9g fat). Total - (140 kcals, 18.1g protein, 8.6g net carbs, 5g fat). This meal was KILLER and extremely satisfying. It was like a whole ladies' brunch; I had toast and jam and enough toast left over for my chicken salad. A likely repeat for tomorrow. Whole Foods* had gooseberries last week, and I've never cooked with them so I decided to buy some, as it would help me reach one of my fifty goals for 2010. I tried one raw and it was way too sour. So I halved the rest (140 grams), cooked them on low heat until they were falling apart, added a little salt, 2 packets of Truvia, DaVinci sweetening syrup, and water, brought them to a boil, and then simmered until I liked the consistency. It made this incredible sweet-tart compote. And actually, gooseberries are relatively low in fructose (natural fruit sugar), so they are a great choice for those of us who watch our sugar intake.
- 1/2 chocolate Oh Yeah! with a smidge of sugar-free eggnog syrup (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g net carbs, 3g fat)
- Chocolate-pistachio protein panna cotta: 1/2 scoop Inspire dutch chocolate cake protein (60 kcals, 10g protein, 4.5g carbs, 0g fat); 1/2 scoop Inspire dutch chocolate cake protein (63 kcals, 15g protein, 1g net carbs, 0g fat), 1.5 tbsp. SF/FF pistachio pudding mix (23 kcals, 6g carbs), splash sugar-free chocolate and vanilla syrups. Total - (146 kcals, 25g protein, 11.5g protein, 0g fat)
- 4 Bariatric Advantage cinnamon calcium citrate lozenges (16 kcals, 4g carbs)
- 2 Celebrate orange multivitamins (10 kcals, 2g net carbs)
- 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 2g net carbs)
Total:*Yes, I know there's controversy about shopping at Whole Foods. Sorry, down here in SC we don't have a lot of choices for a broad range of organic produce, so I'll be shopping there at least through September when I move to DC. (Frankly, I'm likely to shop there when I move to DC as well. If lefties don't want me to shop at Whole Foods, they need to come up with a reasonable alternative. No, Trader Joe's (though wonderful) isn't the same.)
61.9% kcals from protein
48.6g net carbs
19.6% kcals from net carbs
15.7% kcals from fat.
For exercise, I did 3 miles of the Leslie Sansone 5-Mile Fat-Burning Walk and the Quick Start Pilates for Weight Loss DVD.