I'm doing a modified liquid diet (protein shakes all day, then one solid protein-rich meal at night) for the next three days while I de-carb myself from the past few days. I'll share the missing days' eating struggles in a post tonight or tomorrow.
I noticed that the percentage of my calories from protein actually wasn't higher than usual. I guess this modified liquid diet will be more about self-control than nutritional improvement?
- 1 Believe Chai Tea Latte in 2 decaf coffees (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat)
- 1 vanilla creme Oh Yeah! in 4 decaf coffees (220 kcals, 32g protein, 3g net carbs, 9g fat)
- 2 scoops Matrix Cookies & Cream (260 kcals, 46g protein, 10g carbs, 4g fat) in 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze (40 kcals, 1g protein, 1g carbs, 3g fat). Total - (300 kcals, 47g protein, 11g carbs, 7g fat).
- 4 slices Hormel Natural smoked deli turkey (67 kcals, 13.3g protein, 1.3g carbs, 1.3g fat) with 1 Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge (35 kcals, 2.5g protein, 1g carb, 2g fat). Total - (102 kcals, 15.8g protein, 2.3g carbs, 3.3g fat).
- 1 scoop Inspire chocolate peanut butter fudge protein powder (127 kcals, 26g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fat) in 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze (20 kcals, 0.5g protein, 0.5g carbs, 1.5g fat) and 1 tsp. Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder (5 kcals, 0.5g net carbs). Yummmm. The extra cocoa helps a lot. (152 kcals, 26.5g protein, 4g net carbs, 2.5g fat).
- 1 Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bite (40 kcals, 6g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
- 3 Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate multivitamins (12 kcals, 3g net carbs)
- 2 Celebrate orange multivitamins (10 kcals, 2g net carbs)
- 1 Celebrate iron + C (5 kcals, 2g net carbs)
Total:I also got back to my workouts yesterday, even though I was in a rush during the AM workout. I did only 30 minutes on the elliptical in the morning and 30 minutes of Pilates at night.
58.4% kcals from protein
38.3g net carbs
15.9% kcals from net carbs
21.8% kcals from fat.