Monday, May 10, 2010

What I Ate: May 8-9, 2010

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my experiment with foregoing the food log on travel weekends failed miserably. I was out of town this weekend visiting the family. I can only approximate totals for Saturday, but I still logged my food on Sunday. Here goes:

Saturday, May 8, 2010:

  • Strawberry protein frosty: 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Matrix strawberry cream protein powder (55 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0.8g fat), 1 tbsp. SF/FF Jello white chocolate pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g carbs), SF vanilla syrup, vanilla flavoring, lotsa ice. Total - (150 kcals, 26.5g protein, 9g carbs, 0.8g fat).
  • 1 100-calorie pack natural almonds (100 kcals, 4g protein, 2g net carbs, 9g fat).
  • 1 2-oz. Greek lamb mini-burger (56 kcals, 8g protein, 1.6g net carbs, 1g fat) over 75 grams sweet quick-pickled green beans (25 kcals, 1.3g protein, 3.4g net carbs, 0.2g fat) with 1 oz. fat-free Feta (35 kcals, 7g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat) mixed in. Total - (116 kcals, 16.3g protein, 6g net carbs, 1.2g fat).
  • 1 Pure Protein frosty chocolate shake from Target (120 kcals, 23g protein, 3g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
  • 3 grapes (6 kcals, 1.2g carbs)
  • 2 clusters snow crab legs (approx. 190 kcals, 40g protein, 0g carbs, 2g fat) and a little iceberg salad with fake honey mustard-dill dressing (approx. 5 kcals, 2g net carbs) from Harbor Inn
  • 1 tbsp. peanut butter (95 kcals, 4g protein, 2.5g net carbs, 8g fat), 10 pecan halves (100 kcals, 1.2g protein, 0.6g net carbs, 10.2g fat), and a few raisins, maybe 2 tbsp? (60 kcals, 20g carbs) - this actually made me sick, so . . .
  • 1 simple chocolate-cottage cheese shake: 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese - Bi-lo brand (90 kcals, 14g protein, 7g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. SF/FF chocolate Jello pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g carbs), 1 tbsp. Hershey's Special Dark cocoa (15 kcals, 1g net carbs), ice, SF syrups. Total - (120 kcals, 14g protein, 11g net carbs, 0g fat).
Very approximate totals:
1,062 calories
129g protein
48.6% kcals from protein
56.1g net carbs
21.1% kcals from net carbs
32.7g fat
27.7% kcals from fat.

Sunday, May 9, 2010
  • 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese - Bi-lo brand (90 kcals, 14g protein, 7g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. SF/FF chocolate Jello pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g carbs), ice, SF syrups. Total - (105 kcals, 14g protein, 10g net carbs, 0g fat).
  • Egg & cheese biscuit: Carbquik biscuit that I mixed using 1 tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (95 kcals, 6g protein, 2g net carbs, 6g fat) with 1/4 cup Egg Beaters (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat) and 1 slice FF cheese (25 kcals, 4g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat). Total - (150 kcals, 16g protein, 5g net carbs, 6g fat).
  • Ryan's! (aka the only buffet I love.) I did the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do after WLS: I ate dessert first, then salad, then saved my meats for last and could barely take a bite of them. I ate more of the meat later on in the day. But here's what I picked up: (1) A few Oreo crumbles (no creme, just the cookie part); (2) Spinach leaves topped with hard-boiled egg, raisins, bean salad, cheese, and this amazing broccoli/bacon/cheese/mayo salad; (3) Main course veggies - carrots and pinto beans; (4) An array of meats - Chicken breast, pot roast, and salmon. On the first go-round, I ate the Oreos, most of the salad, and like 2 bites of the meats.
  • 1/2 of my mom's sandwich thins (50 kcals, 2.5g protein, 7.5g net carbs, 0.5g fat) with about 1.5 tbsp. peanut butter (143 kcals, 9g protein, 4g net carbs, 12g fat)) and SF chocolate syrup
  • 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese - Bi-lo brand (90 kcals, 14g protein, 7g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. SF/FF chocolate Jello pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g carbs), ice, SF syrups. Total - (105 kcals, 14g protein, 10g net carbs, 0g fat).
  • Handful of pecan halves and raisins; Ryan's leftovers, this time concentrating on the proteins, pinto beans, and 1-2 cooked baby carrots. This was emotional eating after an uncomfortable conversation with an old friend, so I'm not happy about this.
  • Mocha chocolate shake: 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese - Bi-lo brand (90 kcals, 14g protein, 7g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 scoop Nectar cappuccino protein (45 kcals, 11.5g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. SF/FF chocolate Jello pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g carbs), ice, SF syrups. Total - (150 kcals, 25.5g protein, 10g net carbs, 0g fat).
I consumed a lot of calories on Sunday, but I'm not so bothered by it because I felt in control of the situation. Even when I comfort-ate after the phone call, I debated whether to eat for about 5 minutes and selected the item that made the most nutritional sense to me. I operated with intention and made a mindful choice. I'm not saying it was a good choice, but it was a controlled one. During most of my compulsive eating episodes, it's as if food hops into my mouth before I can stop it.

So all in all, I'm happy with this. I splurged, but within reason, and most importantly, I didn't binge. That's a small but real victory for me.

Oh, I almost forgot about exercise: Saturday I went hiking at Table Rock State Park (more on that later), and Sunday I did a 3-mile walk at a local track/park thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment