Saturday, January 22, 2011

If You Bite It, Write It - January 21, 2010

  • Basic chocolate protein smoothie.
  • 1 Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Bundt Cake, 1 oz. Fage 0%, 2T Splenda, 2T SF Vermont Maple Syrup (8 kcals, 1g net carbs).
  • About 100 grams spaghetti squash and about 1/6 of this weird savory pumpkin-balsamic loaf thing (90 kcals, 7.3g protein, 6g net carbs, 3.2g fat). It was supposed to be low-carb bread, but it sort of imploded due to my unwise decision to add a bunch of vinegar at the end, which killed the leavening power of the baking soda and baking powder. It was delicious though; kinda tastes like sausage.
  • Another serving of the weird pumpkin frittata-like thing (90 kcals, 7.3g protein, 6g net carbs, 3.2g fat) and about 200 grams strawberries with 2T balsamic vinegar and 1/3 cup Splenda.
  • About 200 grams spaghetti squash with broth.
  • About 200 more grams strawberries with balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup Fage 0% and 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, about 2 tsp. SF/FF vanilla pudding mix, a tiny drop of banana extract, cinnamon, allspice, and clove. This was delicious.
  • Another serving of pumpkin overly moist frittata thing (90 kcals, 7.3g protein, 6g net carbs, 3.2g fat)  and about 100 grams of strawberries with balsamic and Splenda (see a theme here?)
  • More strawberries and balsamic vinegar
  • Ethiopian! Went to Etete around U Street and got the vegetarian platter. I didn't eat the injera; ate it with a fork, and it was great! It was cool to have Ethiopian food again for the first time. I had collards, carrots, lentils, split peas, cabbage, and about three pieces of potato - bad I know, but it was seriously three small blocks. I didn't eat them at first. I think next time I will request NO potatoes at all.
  • A protein shake again (mocha), trying to balance out the massive amount of fruit/veg I consumed today.
Weight Friday morning was 180.9. Weight Saturday morning? 185.3. Yes, the above food made me gain almost FIVE pounds in a day. And I don't feel any different; I don't feel heavier at all.

I did a couple workouts from the 21-Day Yoga Journal Challenge, the morning workout and the core workout. Clearly that was not enough to avoid massive weight gain, I suppose considering all the carbs I ate.

Why did I eat all this? I was super-stressed from work and at home all day. Terrible combination. I know I need to stop turning to food for comfort. It's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment