Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What I Ate: September 29, 2010

  • Butterscotch-cinnamon protein frosty. This was great. I replaced my normal Special Dark cocoa with a little SF/FF butterscotch pudding mix and used Inspire cinnamon cappuccino protein with an extra dash of cinnamon. Very tasty (for a non-chocolate shake)
  • About 2 T half and half in Sbux decaf
  • About 1 oz. (or a tiny bit more) of roasted unsalted cashews. I'm ready for these to be gone so I can get back to my raw cashews.
  • 2 T half and half in hot chai tea
  • 1/2 chocolate Oh Yeah! split between 2 instant decaf coffees (this was made with VIA, so a little pricey. I'm going back to the storebought instant coffee for these!)
  • About 2.5 oz. roasted cashews (the rest of them)
  • About 3 oz. raw cashews
  • Pistachio-chocolate protein frosty

That's right. All I had to eat today is (too many) nuts, half and half, and protein shakes. And I was completely satisfied.

Exercise was 45 minutes on the elliptical in the morning and 75 minutes of all-levels yoga at Quiet Mind Yoga in the evening. The yoga class was very different from what I'm used to, but in a positive way. There was more pranayama (breathing) and fewer asanas (poses), and some of the asanas were self-directed. The instructor, Daniel, was awesome but was just way out there from anything I'd ever experienced. There was less emphasis on alignment and more on breathing and "getting yourself out of yourself," as he put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment