Thursday, September 2, 2010

What I Ate: September 1, 2010

Yay! It's September, my favorite month. I love the transition from summer to fall. A time of new beginnings. And a time of my birthday :-)
  • Mocha protein frosty with 1/2 scoop chocolate Isopure, 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese, a little SF/FF chocolate pudding mix, and 1/2 sleeve Starbucks VIA (instant coffee)
  • 2 T half and half in a Starbucks venti decaf coffee
  • A handful of nut and dried fruit mix. I was very careful to focus on the nuts and to only have a tiny bit of the raisins and dried cranberries. Sugar, for me = massive weight gain. Even -- especially -- fructose (fruit sugar)!
  • Vanilla latte protein frosty
  • A teensy bit of Marble Slab ice cream. I was walking past the store and got the tiny spoon samples of Nutter Butter and Peanut Butter. I was curious what the difference in flavor was. The Nutter Butter has a stronger peanutty flavor compared to the
  • About 12 oz. of a 14 oz. container of Muscle Milk Light, 4 oz. in
  • Protein waffle mania continued (which y'all don't even know about, because I haven't talked about my obsession with protein waffles on here): Turkey bacon & fat-free cheddar waffle with an over-well egg and Mrs. Butterworth's sugar-free syrup. Followed up with some raw cashews.
  • Chocolate protein frosty with 1/2 scoop Isopure, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, SF/FF pudding mix, AND a couple T sugar-free Reddi Whip. The Reddi Whip wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I'll give it a few more tries.
  • Butternut squash oven "fries" with rosemary, salt, and pepper. I was just trying to see if the fries would work, and the plan was to have them for lunch the next day. Yeah, they were mush. Tasty mush, but mush.
For exercise, I went to Sunrise Flow at City Yoga SC this morning. It was awesome! We worked on hanumanasana, which looks like this:


Obviously, mine didn't quite resemble that . . . lol. But trying it was fun anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Monica! So tell me about protein waffles. We love love love waffles, but just don't have them because of the carbs. I see you've tried butternut squash oven fries and they were mushy. Have you tried sweet potato oven fries? I roast them at 425F-450F (depending on how big I cut the fries). Sprinkle a little olive oil, salt, pepper and dried thyme and throw in the oven for 15-20 minutes. They are so delicious! Let me know about those waffles...I'm anxious to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the same recipe for protein waffles that I use for protein pancakes. It's my version of the recipe here http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/2010/05/protein-pancakes.html. I 1/2 the recipe, use water instead of almond milk, and use egg substitute instead of a real egg. I also use fat-free cottage cheese, and I don't blend it in the food processor before cooking it because the curds melt away anyway. I like the recipe because it's just cottage cheese, protein powder, a little egg, baking powder, salt, and Splenda. No special equipment or expertise required. Even with halfing the recipe, it makes too much for one person. Sometimes I use half the batter and save the rest for another time. I actually don't bother whizzing the co

    I love sweet potato fries! Sweet potatoes sometimes give me carb coma, but maybe I should give it another go.

    ReplyDelete