So I'm posting these days, acknowledging that they are not ideal post-RNY days whatsoever, and fighting, one moment at a time, to make better decisions.
Saturday, September 4
- Mocha protein frosty
- Asparagus and candied turkey bacon with poached egg, preserved lemon syrup, and smoked sea salt. This was my post-yoga brunch and came in at or just below 100 calories.
- 1/2 vanilla Oh Yeah! in Starbucks decaf coffee
- 1 large peach and 24 butter toffee almonds
- The last of my goat stew, and about 2 tbsp. Ruth's pimento cheese (yuck! definitely NOT as good as I remembered it pre-op. It was neon orange and appeared to have little real cheese in it. Pimento cheese must be homemade/housemade.)
- Another mocha protein frosty
- Evil middle of the night eats, not all at the same time or I would have popped right open: 1 large peach, a handful of honey nut Cheerios, a handful of Fiber One cereal, and a chocolate-oat Fiber One bar. ARGH - something about visiting the family makes me want to night-eat carbs. I'm working on this, but it will always be a battle and a process.
- Mounds-inspired protein frosty (chocolate coconut) - I added my stepdad's coconut flavoring that he uses for baking to my regular chocolate frosty recipe. It was so delicious!
Chicken-black bean burger patty, about 2 oz. butter toffee almonds, and 8 pretzel M&Ms (ARGH! I wanted to taste them, but I was supposed to eat three - not eight!)
- 1/2 vanilla creme Oh Yeah! in decaf coffees
- 2 mini Ellie Krieger Crisp Crab Cakes (I love her recipe. I had these frozen uncooked, so I just heated them up in a skillet after church); 1/2 baked sweet potato flavored with cinnamon, lemon, vanilla, and hint of salt; 1 slice Hormel 2% sharp "cheddar" processed cheese (I ate this while I waited for the crabcakes to heat. I was starving. Church was way too long.)
- About 1 tbsp. fat-free half and half in a sugar-free chai tea - yum!
- Mocha protein frosty
- And here's where I fell off the wagon again. Those cursed late nights: A handful of pecans, which made my stomach hurt (pecans often sit weird for me), so I dulled the pain with a handful of Honey Nut Cheerios. Again - argh!
- Another Mounds-inspired protein frosty
- More butter toffee almonds
- Roast chicken
- 1/3 hamburger, a tiny bit of chili, 1/2 slice 2% cheese, 1/2 pork chop, a couple bites hot dog, one bite bratwurst, and about 1/3 cup banana pudding ice cream. We had a mini cookout, and I saved all my carb intake for the ice cream.
- More roast chicken and more banana pudding ice cream
- A huge hamburger (just the patty) and the last few butter toffee almonds (less than 1/2 oz.)
- Several tbsp. fat-free half and half in sugar-free chai teas and decaf coffees over the course of the day, particularly while playing Uno and Monopoly with the fam :)