Okay, moving along. I ate foolishly today. After the audition, I was starving and was trying to get home quickly, but I don't know my way around Maryland too well yet, so I got lost. I didn't have anything with me. So - when you're lost and you need protein food quickly, what springs to mind? Nuts, of course. For me, cashews (even though I could have bought a single-serving of pistachios if I had to go the nut route.)
You know what happened. Over the course of the day, I ate the entire canister. And because I hadn't actually counted to see how egregious my misdeeds were, I ate poorly later tonight as well. Then I was like, "Dang, now I've grazed my way up to almost 3000 calories today. Awesome."
- Chocolate-maple protein frosty: 1/2 scoop Matrix perfect chocolate protein powder (60 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1.5g net carbs, 1g fat), 1 tbsp. Hershey's regular cocoa (10 kcals, 1g net carbs), 2 tsp. SF/FF chocolate Jello pudding mix (10 kcals, 2g carbs), 1/2 scoop 1% cottage cheese (81 kcals, 14g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fat), 1 tsp. maple flavoring, 2T Splenda granular (12 kcals, 3g carbs). Total - (173 kcals, 25.5g protein, 10.5g net carbs, 2g fat).
- A whole tub of cashews. (1600 kcals, 50g protein, 80g net carbs, 130g fat). Yep. It took hours, but I did that.
- Poh tak soup at Thai restaurant with friends. Despite the ridiculousness of the rest of my eating day, this was a very good choice. It had 1 shrimp, 3 pieces of squid, and 1 mussel in a lemongrass broth with lime juice and basil. It was supposed to be spicy, but it wasn't, and it wasn't so good from where I got it. But I could tell that at a good Thai restaurant, it would probably be delicious. In keeping with the RNY eating rules, I sipped on the broth first and ate the solids last. :-)
- Starbucks decaf coffee with 2T half and half (40 kcals, 0.8g protein, 1g carbs, 3.4g fat) and 10 Splendas (30 kcals, 7g carbs). Total - (70 kcals, 0.8g protein, 8g carbs, 3.4g fat).
- Came home, went haywire - Probably what amounts to 2 of my low-carb red velvet cupcakes with sugar-free cream cheese icing. (roughly 324 kcals, 14g protein, 16g net carbs, 15g fat).
- Several strawberries
- 1 large hard-boiled egg (72 kcals, 6.3g protein, 0.4g carbs, 5g fat) and 8 small steamed shrimp with mustard Q sauce (56 kcals, 9g protein, 3g carbs, 0.8g fat).
In any event, I'm not getting excited. As usual, whether my weight goes up or down on a day to day basis usually depends less on my behavior and more on hormones or something. The real problem is not that I regained 18 pounds, but rather that I went from fluctuating between 170-178 to fluctuating between 180-188. That's essentially a ten-pound gain. I want to permanently get back to those 170s.