- Vanilla-strawberry protein frosty: 1/2 scoop Matrix strawberry cream protein powder (55 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0.8g fat), 2 tsp. FF/SF vanilla pudding mix (10 kcals, 2g carbs), 1/2 scoop 1% cottage cheese (81 kcals, 14g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fat), 1 tsp. vanilla extract (12 kcals), 2T Splenda granular (12 kcals, 3g carbs). Total - (170 kcals, 25.5g protein, 9g net carbs, 1.8g fat).
- About 2.5 oz. raw cashews after church
- Roast chicken, spinach, and baked beans from James Hoban's Irish restaurant in Dupont Circule. Met some girls there for brunch. I shouldn't have ordered anything; should have just concentrated on the company. First off, I wasn't hungry. Second, I should have known the food would be terrible - it's an Irish pub and I know Irish pubs well enough to know they aren't known for their cooking. The roasted chicken sounded like it was going to taste good because of the sage, but it was way undersalted and overcooked (breast was soooo dry.) Also, I asked them to omit the potatoes, but potatoes were ALL OVER the plate. But brunch was fun anyway.
- Nibbles at the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show. I went to see Paula Deen live. At the end of the expo, I tasted a bunch of little things on the theory that this was a one-time event. I had tiny tastes of all kinds of stuff - Grand Marnier/chocolate pecan, white chocolate pecan, amaretto pecans, Paula Deen's seafood dip on a cracker, some random pumpkin cake, these utterly delicious fruit preserves on bread, these weird cookies that were designed to pair with wines (in flavors like apricot/sage, peanut butter chocolate, salted something, rosemary, espresso, etc.), sweet potato bread . . . hmm, I think that was it.
- Sbux decaf with SF hazelnut syrup, 5 Truvias (2 kcals), and 5 Splendas (15 kcals, 4g carbs). Total - (17 kcals, 4g carbs).
- Sbux decaf with SF hazelnut syrup, 5 Truvias (2 kcals), 4 Splendas (12 kcals, 3g carbs), and 3T half & half (60 kcals, 1.6g protein, 1.5g carbs, 5.2g fat). Total - (74 kcals, 1.6g protein, 4.5g carbs, 5.2g fat).
- Ungodly amount of cashews! This time, roasted and salted . . . ARGH.
Exercise was walking all over DC (5.8 miles): from home to church, to the Farmers' Market, to brunch, to the food expo, and then back home.