Friday, October 22, 2010

What I Ate: October 21, 2010

I baked this last night (Thursday):


It's a riff off Ina Garten's plum cake tatin (aka plum upside down cake) recipe: Plum-lemon cake tatin with cinnamon and sage-infused simple syrup and candied sage.

It's not low-sugar. It's not low-carb. It's not low-fat. It's not low in anything except . . . protein. But it's not for me or any other WLS folks (that I know of.) It's for the skinny carb-lovers at work. I have a longstanding disdain for fruit mixed with bread, so I haven't felt too tempted by it. I did taste the batter though, and the lemon cake base was delish. It was nothing like the terrible chocolate cake episode, however.

Gorgeous, huh? Maybe I'll try a low-carb, low-sugar version to get rid of the rest of my plums.

  • Chocolate-ginger protein frosty with 1 tsp. flax meal
  • About 3 T half and half in Sbux coffee
  • More half and half in Le Pain Quotidien coffee
  • About 4-4.5 oz. chicken salad and the last of the Moist Apple Cake (which seemed to get more delicious with age!)
  • More decaf coffee with half and half
  • Tastes of my Smoky Pecan pimento cheese (this one is wls-friendly) and beater licks from the Plum Cake Tatin.
  • 2 small organic eggs with 2 slices Hormel Natural Choice turkey, 5 chopped grape tomatoes, a little onion, and a little Cracker Barrel 2% cheddar cheese
  • Neapolitan protein frosty

I didn't work out :-( Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment