Monday, August 2, 2010

What I Ate: July 31 - August 1, 2010

I was visiting the fam this weekend. Considering how horrible my diet usually becomes when I'm up there, I didn't do so badly this time. However, I engaged in a lot of compulsive eating at night, which I excused by eating mostly things I knew wouldn't screw up my weight (lots of nuts and cheese). I ate some of my step-niece's birthday cake, but that's the one thing I'm not concerned about. It was okay. I'm mostly concerned about my out-of-control compulsive eating. Nuts are a fierce trigger!

Saturday, July 31:
  • Cinnamon protein pancakes with too much SF maple syrup
  • 1 Pure Protein Cookies-N-Cream protein shake (120 kcals, 23g protein, 2g net carbs, 1g fat) in an Sbux iced sugar-free vanilla decaf quad espresso
  • 1 oz. roasted and salted soy nuts
  • MASSIVE amount of dill pickle cashews, on the road. I craved these so compulsively that I pulled over on the side of the road in the rain to fish them out of my back seat. You know you have a problem when . . .
  • Nibbles at my step-niece's first birthday shindig: Several bites of Publix marble cake with icing, a small bite of a hot dog on a bun with chili and mustard, and 3 nacho cheese Doritos
  • 1 serving roasted lite firm tofu (45 kcals, 7g protein, 2g carbs, 1.5g fat).
  • More dill pickle cashews (I was starving!) followed shortly thereafter by 2 Ellie Krieger Crisp Crab Cakes (112 kcals, 13.8g protein, 11g net carbs, 0.4g fat) and a tiny bit of roma tomato with Tony Chachere's
  • About 1/4 of a cameo apple, maybe 2 T peanut butter, a few raisins, and 1 white grape
  • 1 slice whole wheat bread, 1 slice lean deli turkey, and various cheeses, including Cabot Black Wax cheddar, Robusto, and Kraft 2% cheddar
  • More cheeses listed above and lots of Target garlic almonds
Note that the last 3 items were all consumed after midnight, which technically means I ate them on Sunday, but they felt more part of Saturday.

Sunday, August 1:
  • Even more cheese and Target garlic almonds (some of the eating spilled over through 5 AM, and that bout felt more part of Sunday), and 1 oz. roasted/salted soy nuts
  • Strawberry cheesecake protein frosty
  • Chocolate cheesecake protein frosty
  • Another chocolate cheesecake protein frosty
  • Cookies & cream protein frosty
  • More garlic almonds and 2% sharp cheddar
  • A handful of Fiber One twig cereal
At least I worked out a tiny smidge. On Sunday, I went for a brisk 3-mile walk at the hospital track, sandwiched between church and visiting my grandmother. Sundays with the family are never relaxed because we spend practically all day in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment