- Mint chocolate protein frosty: 1/2 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle protein powder (50 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened dark cocoa (15 kcals, 1g net carbs), Splenda, SF chocolate syrup. Total - (145 kcals, 26.5g protein, 7g carbs, 0g fat).
- 1/4 cup half and half split between 2 Starbucks decaf coffees (78 kcals, 1.8g protein, 2.6g net carbs, 7g fat). Sbux messed up my coffee this morning, giving me a cup of coffee with about 1/4 cup of coffee grounds in the bottom. Shameful! So I went back, got a free refill, got one of those free drink cards for disgruntled people, AND got a Sbux gift card sent to me because I contacted the regional manager. It was pretty awesome. Gotta love that Starbucks customer service. Because I'm neurotic, I took a photo of the extreme coffee grounds:
- 1 frosty chocolate Pure Protein shake in 4 decaf coffees (170 kcals, 35g protein, 3g net carbs, 1g fat).
- 1/2 cup whole milk in Sbux iced sugar-free vanilla quad espresso (76 kcals, 4g protein, 6g carbs, 4g fat).
- Vanilla bean cheesecake protein frosty: 1/2 scoop About Time birthday cake protein powder (52 kcals, 12.5g protein, 0g net carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1 T. SF/FF cheesecake pudding mix (15 kcals, 3g carbs), Splenda, vanilla extract. Total - (147 kcals, 27.5g protein, 8g carbs, 0g fat). This didn't turn out as yummy as I expected it to be. Oh well.
- Indian-spiced eggplant pancakes with sardine mousse: 2 oz. canned sardines packed in spring water (73 kcals, 13g protein, 0g carbs, 2g fat), 97 grams eggplant (24 kcals, 1g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat), 1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites -- 1/4 cup whipped to soft peaks, the other 1/4 cup used to make eggplant patties (60 kcals, 12g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat), 38 grams onion, some for mousse, some for pancakes (15 kcals, 0.4g protein, 2.9g net carbs, 0g fat), plus various seasonings - lemon juice, smoked paprika, garlic powder, thyme, garam masala, onion powder, curry powder (about 15 kcals, 2g net carbs). Total - (187 kcals, 26.4g protein, 9.9g net carbs, 2g fat). This was crazy! I want to find a way to make the mousse fluffier, but other than that, it was shockingly yummy.
- Another mint chocolate protein frosty: 1/2 scoop Matrix perfect chocolate protein powder (60 kcals, 11.5g protein, 1.5g net carbs, 1g fat), 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (80 kcals, 15g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat), 1 tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened Special Dark cocoa (15 kcals, 1g net carbs), DaVinci SF peppermint syrup. Total - (155 kcals, 26.5g protein, 7.5g carbs, 1g fat).
Total:Exercise was lame again today. I got a lot done around the house this morning, but I was later than usual getting to the office gym. However, I still went, which is good. I was tempted not to go at all. 30 minutes on the elliptical -- but at least I had the resistance higher than usual.
61.7% kcals from protein
44g net carbs
18.4% kcals from net carbs
15g fat (don't seem to get much fat in without nuts.)
14.1% kcals from fat.
Edited to add: Also attended my penultimate Columbia WLS support group tonight. I will be sad to leave them - it is a great group. This was a particularly good meeting because it was very free-flowing, and we discussed a wide range of topics, from getting back on track after vacation, to plastic surgery, to how the LapBand works, etc. There were also some new (to me) faces and some old regular who hadn't been back for a few months. Two of the new faces were particularly exciting to see, one an RNYer about 6 years out who is maintaining great (with her hubby), and a Band patient who is in maintenance and teensy-tiny.
The Band maintainer was awesome; she had great energy and I loved meeting her. Yet, honestly, I was a tiny bit jealous of her. She is 5'5" and 125 pounds, and is trying to stay above that. In contrast, I am 5'7" and 170 or so pounds, and it's a battle for me to stay there, let alone get below that. I soothe myself with the realization that she started at around 240, while my highest weight was almost 100 pounds heavier than that. But I'm still a teensy bit envious. I want so badly to see what it's like to be truly "skinny."