Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last Time I Was This Weight...

I know it's probably excessive to weigh myself every morning, but since surgery that's what I've been doing. I will probably move to 2-3 times/week at some point.

But anyway, I got on the scale this morning and was 278.4. I was super-excited.

The last time I was this weight was in mid-2007, when I'd just left my summer associateship at a law firm to work on the ill-fated John Edwards for President campaign.

The time before that I'd weighed around 278 was in early 2003, when I was on my way back from a Furman foreign study in Southern Africa. We spent most of our time traveling around South Africa, but we also spent a glorious week in Namibia, and short amounts of time in Botswana and Swaziland. I had started losing weight from 338 in June 2002. By January 2003 when we departed from Atlanta for Windhoek, I was at 289 and super-proud of myself. I continued my exercise regimen and tried to watch my food on the trip, and 6 weeks later, when we departed Johannesburg for Atlanta, I was around 275.

That was the first time I'd gotten on an airplane and didn't need a seatbelt extender.

So, the last time I was this weight, I was working on a presidential campaign. But - more exciting - the last time before the last time, I was experiencing my first sweet taste of normalcy in travel. Pretty exciting.

Also: This is less than I weighed when I started my senior year of high school. Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment